Reference:2017-282-TRAType of contract:Traineeship of between 3 and 12 months in total.Who can apply:EU nationals who are eligible according to our traineeship programme
Salary:The trainee grant is €1,050 per month plus an accommodation allowance.Working time: Full-timePlace of work:Frankfurt, GermanyClosing date for applications:Monday, 18 December 2017
As a motivated graduate you will be working at the European Central Bank (ECB) within the Directorate General Information Systems (DG/IS). In DG/IS you will have the opportunity to gain first-hand experience working with modern information technology.
You will join a dynamic, international and multicultural environment in an institution which has a significant impact on the lives of the people of Europe. You will be assigned to a team in one of the six divisions and service areas of DG/IS.
To further enhance the diversity of our team, we particularly encourage applications from female candidates.
As a trainee you will have the opportunity to develop your analytical and technical skills in one of the following areas:
- information technology architecture: software architecture and software security principles, platform technologies and operating systems (Sun Solaris/Unix/Linux and/or Microsoft Windows), system integration and architecture, modelling tools, techniques and methodologies (e.g. ARIS, UML, ArchiMate, TOGAF), and analysis techniques and methodologies for decision-making (e.g. SWOT, cost-benefit-risk, as-is/to-be);
- databases and applications: data administration, database management, data models, business intelligence, data protection, data warehousing, data modelling and analysis of unstructured data (“big data”), statistical or mathematical software packages, programming (Access, Stata, MATLAB, EViews, R, SAS, VBA or equivalent) and relational databases (Oracle, DB2, MySQL or equivalent);
- project management: market analysis, proof of concept activities, cost benefit analysis, data quality analysis, project planning, project risks management, communication with key stakeholders;
- ITSM process management (Design and Operations): assist with the management and improvement of ITIL process workflows, activities and procedures, problem root cause analysis, availability and performance of services,
backup and restore process and concepts, capacity planning, management of the patching process, and coordinating software licenses assessments;
- enterprise monitoring and reporting: development of operational monitoring and alerting concepts for business applications and infrastructure technologies, design of reports, coordination of changes and improvements relating to enterprise monitoring, alerting and reporting tools;
- governance: information systems strategy; business relationship management (e.g. customer surveys on applications and services), project portfolio management, project and service management methodology (e.g. PM2, ITIL), quality management, financial planning, service level management, sourcing, and testing methodologies;
- risk management, security and information assurance: security management, data accessibility, identity and access management, data integrity, data protection, development, operations, classifications, threats and information security risk management methods.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- recent graduate with at least a bachelor’s degree in (computer) sciences and technology or another academic subject with electives in sciences and technology;
- knowledge of at least one of the areas listed above;
- an advanced command of English and an intermediate command of at least one other official language of the EU;
- a strong interest in the mission of the ECB and the Eurosystem;
- a high level of analytical skills and the ability to work with the required tools and data sources;
You are curious and eager to learn, and want to further develop your ability to analyse complex information. You are keen to collaborate with others, pursue team goals and learn from other people’s diverse perspectives. You strive to know and anticipate stakeholder needs, and will signal any need for change and propose alternative solutions.
The recruitment process may include pre-screening exercises, and a telephone or Skype interview.
Application and selection process
Find more information under “How you can join us”: Read more.